Notes whose lengths are equal to one-sixteenth the value of a whole note or one quarter of a quarter note.
8th Note Alberti Bass Accompaniment
A type of accompaniment pattern that uses a persistent 8th note rhythm with a low-high-middle-high note configuration.
8th Note Broken Chord Accompaniment
A type of accompaniment pattern that uses a persistent 8th note rhythm with broken chords, in varying note configurations.
8th Note Parallel 3rds
A series of any amount or quality of blocked 3rd intervals that are played in one hand and move up or down in primarily 8th note rhythms.
- Focus On Expressive Markings
- Focus on the Left Hand Accompaniment Patterns
- Hands Separate Practice
- Help Student Achieve Sensitive and Musical Playing
- Highlight the Contrast in Articulation
- Make Rhythmic Exercises Using Difficult Rhythms
- Work on Creating a Good Tone
- Work on Creating a Mysterious Character
- Work on Expressive Phrasing
- Work on Getting the Correct Style