Notes whose lengths are equal to one-sixteenth the value of a whole note or one quarter of a quarter note.
Sharps, flats and naturals that do not appear in a key signature.
Chord tones played one note at a time that are not part of an accompaniment pattern.
Chords with alternate ordering of their tones where the root is placed either in the middle or at the top of the chord.
- Block the Broken Chords
- Focus On Expressive Markings
- Isolate Voices
- Study the Contour of the Melody
- Work on a Smooth Legato Touch
- Work on Creating a Good Tone
- Work on Expressive Phrasing