Notes whose lengths are equal to one-sixteenth the value of a whole note or one quarter of a quarter note.
Notes whose lengths are equal to one-eighth the value of a whole note or half the value of a quarter note.
An Italian term meaning "in time"; an indication instructing the player to return to the original tempo after a deviation.
Sharps, flats and naturals that do not appear in a key signature.
- Clap and Count
- Focus On Expressive Markings
- Focus on the Left Hand Accompaniment Patterns
- Hands Separate Practice
- Help Student Achieve Sensitive and Musical Playing
- Highlight Dynamic Contrasts
- Isolate Voices
- Play Similar Passages Together
- Play Small Segments
- Slow Practice
- Study the Contour of the Melody
- Work on a Smooth Legato Touch
- Work on Creating a Good Tone
- Work on Dropping Into the Keys With Full Arm Weight
- Work on Expressive Phrasing